Thursday 21 July 2011

THE DEATH

The Death of Musa

I did not have the details about the death of Musa. But, my grandpa (Mamat) told me briefly how his father died.

It was one fine evening when Musa returned from his padi(rice) field. He took the route beside the Muslim Cemetery and suddenly spotted a small baby cobra aggressively and fiercely confronted him.

Musa tried to chase away the snake, but it didn't want to flee. So, Musa became very angry and he stepped over the head of the snake, pressed and forced it till death. He threw the snake into the bushes and walked home.

I was told by my grandpa that Musa Had a bad dream that night. He had a visitor claiming to avenge the death of his son committed by Musa. The snake killed by Musa was a baby boy of a Jinn family. The father gave Musa 1 day to prepare for his death. 

The following night became the moment of truth when Musa was attacked and bitten by a king cobra just after he finished his Isyak prayer. So, the revenge was really happened and Musa was struggling with great pain waiting for his death.

That night was also became a scary night for villagers because there were some tigers wandering around Musa's house. The tigers making noise and roaring. Musa did say something to them. Soon after that, the tigers left and Musa was gone forever...

My grandpa inherited the house and the land from Musa. The land was less than one acre and my grandpa had the smallest portion of the assets if compared to other sons and daughters of Musa. But, it was ok for my grandpa because he just had a small family then.

Musa was buried in Muslim Cemetery of the village called "Kubur Kelat".

I do not know how old was Musa at the time of his death. No death certificate was found. But my grandpa was very sure that his father's death was few years before World War II. I reckon he died at the age of 70 or 71 years old when he was still strong and healthy.

I will end my writing about Musa here and would like to thank so much for those who had wasted times by reading my blogs about Musa. However, this site will continue its stories about Musa's sons and daughters and his descendants in continuation thereof.

No comments :

Post a Comment